Sunday, November 2, 2008

Rosalind's 'Heart Event' in Rune Factory 2





I do not know how to make a video. All my time is spent in writing rather than learning how to manipulate graphics, although I have some interest in that. In any case, the music in Rune Factory 2 is rather wonderful and I was struck particularly by the tune that accompanied Rosalind's Heart Event. I therefore uploaded it to YouTube.

The quality both of the picture and of the music is poor but perhaps it will give players an idea of the delightful music in this game. I decided not to play through the event on the little video, as the text would be very unclear and would detract from the music. I have included the text of the event below.

The actual event is a picnic. Rosalind has prepared the most exquisite dishes for your character. As always, he is very sweet in his acceptance and his appreciation. She asks him to meet her at the Alvarna - North Square. As soon as you speak to her there, the music changes to her 'heart event' theme.

Rosalind: (with music) I’ve been thinking that I’d like to share all of the new recipes that I’ve been creating with some one.
Me: Okay. (It looks like I’m the only person she has to share them with.)
Rosalind: So… On that note…
(blushing) If it’s okay with you… To repay all the favours that you’ve done me… I would be honoured if you allowed me to cook for you. I’ll prepare every recipe I’ve invented!
Me: F-F-For me?
Rosalind: Of course. If this doesn’t appeal to you, you can say no…
………………………. But still… If you can, I’d really like for you to taste my food, Freyr…
Oh, what am I saying? It’s not like me to be so… so pushy.
Me: Rosalind! It’s not very often that I have the chance to sample your food. How could I pass up an opportunity like this? I’ll absolutely let you cook for me!
Rosalind: R-Really? Yaaaaay! Thaaaaaak you.
Rosalind (with music): How about we have the meal at Alvarna – North Square? Everything tastes better when you eat it outside, doesn’t it?
Me: Outside? That sounds great.
Rosalind: Okay. I’ll start making preparations. Why don’t you head to Alvarna- North Square a little bit ahead of me, okay? My food-loving father gave this food his seal of approval. So you better be thrilled!
Rosalind stands next to Yue at the top of Alvarna – North Square. This definitely is a ‘Heart Event’ as the music changes as soon as I speak to her.
Rosalind: Freyr! Come over here. I made us a picnic. Please, eat up.
Me: This looks delicious! Let’s get started!
Rosalind: Let’s eat.
Me: *munch munch munch*
Rosalind: How does it taste?
Me: This taste of this is… exquisite. And it smells wonderful. It really wraps around your tongue… but it’s subtle, too.
Me: This is really an amazing dish!
Rosalind (with music): Sounds like you like it. That’s good… All the testing I did with my father was worth it.
Me: Yummy, yummy. *munch munch munch*
Rosalind (blushing): Ah, Freyr, you’ve got some rice on your cheek. Here, I’ll get it for you…
Me: ………………………!!!
Rosalind: Okay, I got it. Calm down, please. Savour the food.
Me: *munch munch* *gulp gulp* *munch munch*
Me: Whew, I’m full. That was quite a feast.
Rosalind: I’m glad you enjoyed it. I hope I’ll get another opportunity to cook for you some time!
Me: Heh, I can’t wait! Thank you!
Rosalind: Ah, look at the time. I’ve got to get home. It was very nice spending the time together today. Rosalind: (blushing now) Thank you for helping me make such a nice memory.
Me: Thank you for the feast. Tomorrow I’ll be back to working for you again.
Rosalind: Heeheehee!

10 comments:

Nathan O'Riley said...

Aww~ Rosaind's such a sweetie. <3 She's so much fun! Seems the player talks more around her too.

I have the mp3 for the Heart Event music if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

That's quite a soothing tune. Very easy on the ears.

Looks like you're enjoying this game quite a bit, hope you're taking it easy.

Shelly said...

When will be see Exciting Animal March info?

Thanks for all the help through all the years - I don't usually buy guides, but when I found out you wrote the ToT OG, I bought it, and was glad I did.

Freyashawk said...

Nathan, thanks for the offer. I expect you know far more about music formats on the internet than I do. I really wish I could add music files to this site, but haven't the foggiest how to do it. Above all, I'd love to have the old Heart Event theme from FoMT and HM DS in a decent recording one day. That theme still melts my heart and soul whenever I hear it.

Mar, I am trying to enjoy the game while making some progress on the guides, as this is one game with a release date that probably will not be delayed.

Shelly, thanks for the vote of confidence. As for 'Exciting Animal March' information, well, I will be happy to add that when Natsume is ready to make any information public, but right now, there is more than enough to keep me busy in Rune Factory 2.

Anonymous said...

i would like to ask you something. for the harvest moon ds, i tried to do the fishing cheat, but instead obtained 1,000,000 rather than a billion. is it possible for me to do this cheat again, obtaining one billion - without spending the money i currently have? please answer!:)
love your guides!

Freyashawk said...

The 'fishing bonus' in HM DS is not available in all versions of the game. You will find it only in early versions. It is not available AT ALL in Cute. In versions where you are able to trigger it, it is a totally random occurrence, requiring no specific number of Fishing Team Sprites, but it occurs only in Winter if you hire them to fish at the beach. It can be triggered more than once, to answer your question, but is always random.

To answer another player's question relating to this event and the purchase of the Island, 'completing' the game is a matter of rescuing all the Sprites. 100% completion would be defined as having ALL possible buildings and upgrades, including the Island as well as completing all lists. Even then, 'completing' the game does not mean that the game ends. You can continue your existing life afterwards.

You do need to own the Island if you wish to complete your Fishing List as there are fish that cannot be caught anywhere else.

Unknown said...

Can someone help me? I don't know how 2 cook... I don't even know where is the kitchen...

Freyashawk said...

Hugo, there's no cooking in the 1st generation at all! When the school is built and your child takes control, he/she will go to cooking classes at the School and this will lead to the ability to make cooked dishes.

I am posting a little video about that now if you are interested.

Anonymous said...

kay is the 1st generation the runefactory 2 game because i cant figure it out either its my first ever playing this game im so in love with it so can you help me with that it seems that i only farm eveyday and tend to animals its pointless idk i should just stick to final fantasy lol HELP!

Freyashawk said...

Anon, due to the fact that I had to start a new game of RF2 in order to transfer all the items I had from my advanced second Generation game, I am going to create a new post on how to play the PERFECT GAME in RF2. This should help you with your game.