Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Starry Night Festival



Finally, the eve of the eve of the Starry Night Festival has arrived. In other words, it is the 23rd day of Winter and today is the day on which one must organise any social plans for the Starry Night Festival. 24 Winter can be equated somewhat to Christmas Eve in our world. It is on this night that Thomas Santa will make his way down the chimney to place a gift in your Yule sock, provided you have one hanging from the hook on your wall.

Before this, however, it is an opportunity to spend the evening with the bachelor or Magical Girl who has won your heart...

Pursuant to my usual strategy, I intend to spend the Starry Night Festival with each of the bachelors and Magical Girls in turn.

I began with the Witch Princess, now at Orange Heart level. With her customary forthright manner, she basically asked me for an invitation to my farmhouse. I gave it graciously and awaited her arrival the next day.

The Festival begins at 6.00 p.m. If the Starry Night is to be spent at your farmhouse, you actually must exit your farmhouse at 6.00 p.m. in order to initiate the event.

At 6.00 p.m., I left my house and found the Witch Princess at the door. She was as ebullient as ever, only slightly disappointed to discover I hadn't prepared any food for the occasion.

She then offered to make me some of her 'special witch food'. It was almost enough to persuade me NOT to marry my darling Skye and to propose Best Friend status to the Witch Princess instead. After all, what could be better than a life spent sharing 'witch food' with a real Witch Princess, and one as beautiful as she is mischievous?

No comments: