Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rival Weddings in Island of Happiness



*****************************************************************
If you have been assiduously experiencing the Rival Heart Events in each year of the game, you should be able to experience the 4th and Final Rival Heart Event for each of the Rival Couples in Spring of the 4th Year.

In my own first game, I was expecting my own baby with Vaughn when Spring arrived. I disregarded this, however, and went forward to trigger the 4th Rival Heart Events as quickly as possible.

In fact, I was able to experience two of the Events on 2 Spring. I went first to Mirabelle's Animal Shop to trigger Elliot's Event. It occurred at 6.20 a.m.
I then rushed to Pierre's house to experience his final Rival Heart Event. That occurred before 7.00 a.m. as well.

Neither of the Events ended in any certain promise of marriage, but when you speak to any of the participants afterwards, they will comment upon their upcoming nuptials.

I rather expected the Weddings to occur one week later and they did, but they delayed the birth of my child in doing so! His birth was shuffled to the first day AFTER the two Rival Marriages, thus occurring two days later than it would have done had there been no Weddings to celebrate.

The Harvest Goddess Festival occurs on 8 Spring. When married, Alisa continues to visit on 7 Spring to announce the Festival, but tells you to bring your husband with you. On 8 Spring at 6.00 a.m., you experience a new Event with your Spouse who tells you to finish your chores... he or she will be waiting for you.

I tried a bit of mischief by teleporting directly to the Festival. If I tried to do this before 10.00 a.m., Alisa would meet me and turn me back, telling me to wait untuil 10.00 a.m. If, however, I teleported to the meadow after 10.00 a.m., Vaughn would be waiting for me there! His dialogue would be the same as if we had gone to the Festival together.

Although I had experienced Elliot's final Rival Heart Event before Pierre's Event, Pierre's Wedding was the first, occurring at 6.00 a.m. on 9 Spring. Julia came to the house to invite me to the Ceremony. Rather to my relief, the entire wedding took no time whatsoever, and I was able to perform all my chores as usual when I was returned to my house at 6.00 a.m. on the same morning.

On 10 Spring, at 6.00 a.m. I received a visit from Natalie, who invited me to attend HER Wedding. Afterwards, I found myself again at the house at 6.00 a.m. on the same day.

This is quite different from some of the other Harvest Moon games where any Wedding takes an entire day and you resume control only to find that all your Animals have suffered from your involuntary neglect. In Cute, I set up all the Rival Weddings as soon as possible in the 4th year and experienced one after another, day after day, for almost an entire week. It was a wonder that my livestock and poultry did not DIE in that space of time. It was rather hilarious actually. I experienced 5 Rival Weddings in the space of a single week. As in Island of Happiness, they followed a specific order, irrespective of the actual order in which I had experienced the Events that prompted them.

I awakened therefore at 6.00 a.m. on 11 Spring to the delivery event of my own child.
I am glad I had not experienced Denny's final Rival Event, as I was growing impatient to experience the birth of my child!

Once again, I had cause to be grateful that I had chosen Vaughn as a husband. He was so very sweet and committed, wishing that he could do something himself to ease my pain...

In fact, players will be happy to know that no time whatsoever passes in the birth of your child. You will regain control at 6.00 a.m. on the same morning. Your adorable little baby will be tucked safely into the Baby Bed above your Spouse's Bed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know how to get the gender of the child you want I want a boy?

Freyashawk said...

No, I don't know how that is determined yet. I had a boy.

Freyashawk said...

I'd like to make a comment here about people who have been trying to post their advertisements for their own sites by leaving bogus comments here. I will continue to remove them. It isn't fair to genuine Harvest Moon fans to be forced to deal with pop-up adverts by third parties.

Anonymous said...

Yo, I love your guides I always look them up when I am gonna start a new harvest moon game. :3

Anyways, I was hoping you may know hot to resolve this odd little problem.

I also married Vaughn and had my baby, but Natalie and Julia also both left the island to have their babies. Their husbands left with them, two days after they left, pierre arrived alone as though he had left the island I had neglected him. And it's been almost two full seasons since the women left for the births, Julia, Elliot and Natalie have not returned. Help?