Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pumpkin Festival after Marriage




Oddly enough, although I had added this detail to my Guides, I forgot it myself when the Pumpkin Festival occurred again in my game after marriage. The detail is this: you MUST enter your house BEFORE 6.00 p.m. to experience the Event. This is the case in other Harvest Moon games as well. It is not like 'A Special Occasion' where you need to enter after 6.00 p.m. to trigger the Event. At 6.00 p.m., the celebration is over. You will enter to find NOTHING on 30 Fall.

Fortunately, although I had forgotten this fact, I hadn't saved my game after 6.00 p.m., so I was able to reload to a point earlier in the day to enter the house in time!

Incidentally, all Stamina and Fullness will be restored fully, so perform as many tasks as possible WITHOUT using Recovery items before you enter the house.

Vaughn: Today is the Pumpkin Festival. Since you’re busy, I made snacks. Try these.
I walk slowly to the table where there are three plates loaded with Cookies.

I eat one.

Me: G O O D

Vaughn: Oh, yeah? People eat my food and I’m happy.

My thoughts: I’m stuffed. I hope I don’t get any cavities!

My son was still in his crib, too small to join the festivities.

Luckily, the Event ends at 6.00 p.m., allowing me to return to complete my chores.
In some Harvest Moon games, you are forced to go to bed directly after the Event, leaving much undone before the season changes to Winter...

No comments: