Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Recipe sections in Rune Factory 2 Guides

When I first created the Recipe Cookbook Guide for Rune Factory 2, I found the Lessons at the School so interesting that I felt they needed to be included in the Guide. I therefore copied the text of each Lesson meticulously. Recipes that were not offered in Lessons were given simply with a list of ingredients.

I then added sections to the Cookbook Guide that lists the Recipes in the Default Order in which they appeared in the Workshop areas with their Skill Level requirements.

What this means in effect is that my Rune Factory 2 Cookbook Recipe Guide essentially has been complete for some time. I was not happy with it, however, in terms of using it as a quick reference guide for ingredients.

I decided to create another section that would list each item with its Skill Level requirements and ingredients instead of simply giving Skill Level requirements.

I now have completed that section for all Weapons and am working on the Accessories. It really does make it easier to find a list of ingredients for any item almost instantly. On Monday, these new sections will be placed at the top of the Recipe Cookbook Guide. The actual text of each of the Lessons given at the School will be placed at the end of the Guide in the same manner in which I usually place the actual text of Events at the end of my Guides.

The new sections listing ingredients for each item with Skill Level Requirements will be added to the General Guide as well.

I have made almost every Weapon and Accessory now and have added the descriptions of each to my Items List Guide and General Guide. It is much faster to harvest War Trophies from the four Underground Shrines than it is to wait for the right time of day or night and then use time fighting Monsters in a regular Cave/Dungeon in the hope of obtaining a War Trophy. By going through the Underground Shrines, I have been able to obtain many ingredients in a single trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Freya said: "...decided to create another section that would list each item with its Skill Level requirements and ingredients instead of simply giving Skill Level requirements.
I now have completed that section for all Weapons..."

Actually it is not complete yet.
Ever tried to upgrade the Small Shield?

Keep up the good job!