Friday, November 13, 2009

Move Over, Harvest Goddess! The Harvest King Beckons...



*****************************************************************
Those of us who played Harvest Moon Cute on the DS have a passing acquaintance with the Harvest King, but it is in Animal Parade that we actually are given an opportunity to interact with him. In fact, if you play the game as a girl, you actually (Be still, my heart, be still!) can court and MARRY him! In More Friends of Mineral Town, you had the choice of marrying a Magical Being in the form of the Kappa, but that green creature of the waters never appealed to me as a romantic partner. The Harvest King on the other hand, is everything a romantic soul could crave, physically and spiritually!

I expect players can guess that I will 'set my Cap' for him!

Incidentally, he can be found, very appropriately on the Mountaintop and his favoured Gifts include Shining Grapes, Shining Apples and Apple and Grape Cocktails.

Well, I have a long way to go if I expect to gain his attention, let alone his exalted HEART! Best take the first faltering steps towards success in Animal Parade...

Later: IGN published my very preliminary General Guide for Animal Parade. Its purpose at this point in time is to establish the URL as well as giving as many little facts as I could provide in a few hours. By Monday, the Guide should be a lot bigger and far more useful. I tried to create a little Calendar of Birthdays and Festivals. I have followed ToT official birthdays for characters who are in both games. If I am mistaken, I'll have to 'eat my words', but birthdays usually are consistent for characters from game to game.

4 comments:

Jadis said...

Judging by the screenshot... the Harvest King is quite, well, desirable! :D But Hong Kong has yet to import Animal Parade, so I don't have the pleasure of trying out the game myself... He sounds like a harder bachelor to win over though... hm.

On a totally unrelated note, I read something in my gaming magazine the other day - a small stub, nothing more, but it seems that Harvest Moon is doing another game called "Twin Villages". Is it true?

Helen said...

Love the post! I too, found the Harvest King rather fetching, but my heart belongs to Gill. (: Also, in response to Kalypso, Twin Villages is a DS import that is coming after the Wind Bazar for DS, so that will be a while. As for the next Wii game, I don't know WHEN that will come. I only hope we hear about it soon. If they make one..

Goth80s said...

Harvest King's so incredibly hot. It was love at first sight... I hope in the next harvest moon series on WII there're more events... and interactions with him, like hugging or kissing :p hihihi..

Freyashawk said...

Oh, I know... I still find him incredibly attractive, but my heart was diverted by the Wizard. I always tend to be rather soft where the outsiders are concerned, and he is a shaman, after all!

The Harvest King is a God... so it is only right and proper that he should sweep us all away! A part of me craves an ordinary domestic life with a helpmeet, however, and you won't get that if you marry the Harvest King. Like any interaction with a God throughout history, you may be given a child, but you'll never have a man about the house! (I will marry him in one file, nonetheless! Can't possibly go through life without that experience...)