Friday, January 25, 2008

The Legendary Harvest Sprites in HM DS and Cute






*******************************************************************************

Your first Giant Crop either in Havest Moon DS or Harvest Moon Cute DS will give you a chance to see the original Harvest Moon Sprites from Mineral Town, now known as the 'Legendary Harvest Sprites'.

Much to my disgust, I obtained my first Giant Crop in Cute in a file I had no intention of saving as I had jumped ahead by a day or two simply to discover if a specific event would trigger... I therefore had no benefit from it in my game.

Nonetheless, it was a pleasure to meet my favourite Harvest Sprites again. Here you will see the Giant Crop, a Turnip before it is harvested. Another photograph is of Hoggy, one of the Legendary Sprites, as he demands payment for his labours in the form of flour.

Each of the 'Legendary Harvest Sprites' in Mineral Town has a very distinct personality, as there are few of them, unlike the 101 Sprites in Forget-Me-Not Valley. The Valley Sprites each have their own individual responses to gifts and have little remarks that they will make in different seasons at different levels of friendship but they are not as clearly defined in personality as the Sprites of Mineral Town. 'Chef' always placed everything in the context of cooking. 'Timid' was as hesitant as his name would suggest and 'Bold' always was fearsome. Hoggy as one might imagine was greedy in every situation and 'Staid' was the most proper...

There are a number of new events in Cute involving your 'rivals' that did not exist in the original Harvest Moon DS. These events will trigger when you reach 200 FP with the girl. Lumina's 200 FP event makes a reference to the Legendary Harvest Sprites as she will serve you 'historical' tea that was given to your character long ago in FoMT or MFoMT!

Incidentally, when you give the 'correct' response to a situation in these events, you often can gain 20 FP with the girl involved. Giving the 'incorrect' response may or may not affect FP depending on the event.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for all your guides! I love playing the Harvest Moon games and your guides have helped me greatly. They are REALLY apreciated!

Freyashawk said...

You are most welcome. Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all of your guides, I have used all of them while playing the hm games. I hope you keep them coming as more games come out!! Thanks again!!

Freyashawk said...

How kind of you to write, Nicole. You will find my guides for 'Island of Happiness' on IGN when that game is released. For 'Tree of Tranquility' on the Wii, I wrote a guide for Brady Games that will be available (in print) when that game is released.
I'm still working on the guides for Island of Happiness actually. I had planned to begin to work on 'Lost in Blue 3' by now, but IoH is such an enormous game...

Anonymous said...

Thank you enormously much for all of your guides. I've looked them up for every HM game I've had and they never failed to live up to everyone's expectations. You work way to hard, Freya. Again, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your help with the walkthroughs and stuff, they really helped as I was totally clueless what to do when I first got the game x

Freyashawk said...

Thank you for writing. I always am glad to hear that one of my walkthroughs or guides has been helpful to a player.

Anonymous said...

Your guides are definitely the best. I've played Harvest Moon for a while and so far, your guides are the only ones I tend to look for cause they are the most accurate. I was really excited when I discovered the Tree of Tranquility Official Strategy Guide and that you had written it, Thanks for all the work you have done so far and keep on going!

Freyashawk said...

Thank you, Kinnetik-ishisu. I appreciate your support and encouragement.