Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Real Blizzards








********************************************************************************
With a real Blizzard bearing down upon us here, I am rather glad to have reached another Spring Season in Sunshine Islands. I do love every Season in Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. The beauty of the graphics can be spectacular and quite magical. Today, however, I am happy to be able to spend a little time in Spring while the snow continues to fall in the 'real world'. Here are some photographs of the ongoing blizzard. One includes my Snow Princess, aka 'Cissy' by Madame Alexander. Her outfit was designed by Anna Sui for a special series. I always thought she looked like a true Nordic Goddess or Princess. Unfortunately, her footwear is not suited for real snow so she is a barefoot Goddess...

A few hours later, at Sunset, the snow has doubled in depth. Now there is some wind, which blows great piles of snow off the trees and buildings. When I took a photograph of the Trees, the Wind suddenly dumped snow into my hair, almost felling me on the spot.

The long windows on the upper floor overlook the tops of the trees that line the road. For a brief moment, when the street lamps were lit, there was an illusion of sunset illuminating the snow that encased the Trees. It was rather magical, but it was an illusion. The snow continues to fall...

3 comments:

Sean said...

We've been getting some snow here in Buffalo, but not compared to what you guys are getting.

Its odd, usually Buffalo is on the news for getting pounded by blizzards.

GalPerson said...

Yes, the snow here is bad too. We got off of school for two days, plus a 1-hour delay tomorrow. Although our town isn't used to this much snow, and some people would say it is a very small amount.

Dinkyfish said...

We had quite a bit of snow where I stay last month (it's unusual for us to get any) but nothing compared to what you're getting! I suggest making snow angels (yes, I am far too old for that kind of thing but hey no one was watching :D) as the giggling afterwards warms you up!