Wednesday, December 16, 2009

No Connection Possible between Rune Factory and Rune Factory 2

Some one asked if any connection could be made between Rune Factory and Rune Factory 2. Although I had a vague recollection to the effect that no connection could be made, I promised the player that I would confirm this.

I now have done so, using two DS systems with Rune Factory in one and Rune Factory 2 in the other. Neither when connecting DS to DS nor through the Nintendo Wi-Fi Centre will either system be recognised by the other. If I insert the same game in both systems, whether it is the original Rune Factory or Rune Factory 2, the other system will be recognised. Thus, there is no connectivity between the two games in the series.

As previously stated, I was fairly certain even without testing it that this was the case, but now I can state it to be so from personal experience.

No comments: