Monday, July 13, 2009

Thanks to Natsume...

Thanks to Natsume, I will be given a chance to explore Sunshine Islands and Frantic Farming in the near future. I will not publish ANY information about the games until given permission to do so officially but I would like players to know that I will be working on strategy guides for them.

There was a brief moment in time when I felt that I no longer had the energy nor skill to cover any game in a satisfactory manner. I am a perfectionist and none of my guides are perfect. In all honesty, however, the majority of players who use my guides do find them helpful and more than adequate. I put my heart and soul into them and will continue to do so.

I suppose I am writing this primarily to share my excitement at the opportunity to explore another aspect of the incredibly complex and diverse universe of Harvest Moon. Writing a guide for any Harvest Moon or Rune Factory game may be a lot of work always, but the thrill of exploration and discovery makes it worth every effort. Too bad I have only one life in THIS world and one can't reload each day to use the time again and again...

5 comments:

Jacek said...

Freyashawk, don't beat yourself up about your guides not being perfect. Your guides are very good, and you do them to the best of your ability. That is all one can ask for, and it is good that you do what you do.

Jacek said...

Freyashawk, don't beat yourself up about your guides not being perfect. Your guides are very good, and you do them to the best of your ability. That is all one can ask for, and it is good that you do what you do.

Freyashawk said...

Thanks for your support. Actually, the problem is lack of time really. I don't have the time to truly EDIT any of my guides properly. There always are new games to explore. A strategy guide has to be written quickly to some extent to be useful to players. I can't spend fifteen years on one guide. I do spend six months usually on any Harvest Moon game, but the wealth and detail of information as well as all the variables mean that editing usually is simply in terms of facts and not style. I made my own life infinitely more difficult as well by creating 'mini-guides' that deal with a single aspect of the game. That means that any modification in facts sometimes has to be added to six different guides! Ah well...

D Figman said...

Congratulations Freyashawk on getting an opportunity to write guides for these two games.

While I am far behind on my Rune Factory 2/Frontier playing your guides are MORE than adequate. Nothing is ever perfect, but I truly utilize the information you can give. I will be looking forward to your new guides soon, and expect at least a purchase from this guy.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

Your guides have helped a load of people and assisted us in understanding strange concepts. I feel that what you call perfectionist is viewed as dedication and determination in completing a task that people rarely attempt to finish. You are also humble as by posting credits to individuals who have helped you in your guides and have always welcomed assistance in making a newe guide.

I'm glad that you were offered this because your guides have been such help. I remember looking you up when I had HMFoMT.

Your the best!!!