Friday, September 4, 2009

Birthday Wishes





*****************************************************************
From the age of 10, I often have found myself living on a different continent from my family and home on my birthday and therefore have experienced every sort of birthday emotionally as well as actually, from lonely to wonderful and incredible.

When I began to play Harvest Moon, I discovered that my character's birthday often would be celebrated by his/her family and therefore always chose the date that most closely approximated that of my real birthday. In Animal Crossing, your Animal Neighbours actually bring you a Birthday Cake on your birthday...

I often add my character's birthday to my Calendar Guide in jest. Only once or twice did a player email me asking how she could meet the character Freyr/Freya in her game!

In Island of Happiness, it was rather annoying to discover that I shared my birthday with Nathan... I believe there is an Animal in Animal Crossing with the same birthday as mine but there are so many Animals that the likelihood of having that Animal in my village on the occasion of my birthday is fairly remote.

So much for Birthdays and gaming... I really am writing this post to share two wonderful Birthday wishes that I received this morning from thoughtful friends.

With the power of the internet, I doubt that any Birthday of mine ever will be ignored, even if no one celebrates it in the real world in any given year... (I do suspect there may be some one locally who will organise something later in the day... at least one hopes so. One can't orchestrate one's own birthday really. It simply isn't done!)

I would like to thank the friends who went to all the trouble to send me special Birthday Greetings this morning! Now, if I only could find my ACWW cartridge and persuade a Neighbour to bring me a Cake despite the fact that the village no doubt is choked with weeds and the house infested with cockroaches in every cluttered room from LONG, LONG neglect on my part.

8 comments:

Liza said...

Happy Birthday! (if it is your birthday today)

D Figman said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Freyashawk said...

Thanks! Yes, it is my birthday today... 4 Autumn in Harvest Moon is the closest one can get to 4 September!

Iris said...

Oh, happy birthday, Freya! Kisses!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, may all best wishes comes true. have a wonderful day and keep up the good work.

Freyashawk said...

Many thanks to every one who posted here. I was hesitant to post about my own birthday but I wanted to share the Cake that Dustin made for me!

Stephanie said...

I know I'm too late, but I still wanted to wish you a happy birthday!

Your guides are always so helpful. Thank you so much for making them~
You're the only one I 'know' who has so much dedication to something. Really.

x

Freyashawk said...

Thank you, Stephanie. It was very kind of you to post here and it's never too late...