Monday, March 9, 2009

Sometimes Reality is as Fabulous as any Game...



*****************************************************************************

On Saturday, I saw this magnificent diadem in a special exhibit entitled 'Beyond Babylon' at a Museum. It was an Exhibit I really wanted to see and I am very happy that I managed it.

I always have been devoted to Beauty in any form. Games like Rune Factory and Rune Factory 2 enchant me not only because of the various aspects of gameplay but because of the extraordinary beauty of the landscapes. Even so, once in awhile, something in our real world can transport me and inspire me emotionally and spiritually.

This truly is a fairytale 'crown'. The original owner is unknown but it probably was a 'princess' rather than a ruler. It dates from the 18th dynasty but shows influences that definitely are not Egyptian. It is a wonderful, magical piece. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Harvest Moon except that, like Harvest Moon, it stirs the imagination. Perhaps other players of Harvest Moon will appreciate it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is very pretty. It does seem like something right out of a fairytale.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

i love vaugn
i red you read lord of the rings.
i lov that book seres it so cool
your awsome. im your #1 fan