Friday, July 20, 2007

Rune Factory Announcement

I now have confirmation that I will be sent an advance copy of Rune Factory in order to begin working on a guide for it.

I should have the game early next week and will begin the guide as quickly as possible. I am very excited about this: Rune Factory has been described as 'Harvest Moon meets Zelda'. Although I have not been able to play the game myself yet, I am more inclined to describe it as 'Harvest Moon meets 'Golden Sun' or 'Sword of Mana'. However one chooses to describe the game, the fact of the matter is that one is able to raise monsters, as well as creating and using weapons. I assume the usual activities included in Harvest Moon games are available as well: farming, mining, fishing and so on. As soon as I have the game, I will write a little review of it.

From all accounts, 'Rune Factory' will be great fun! To me, however, the most wonderful aspect of Natsume's games is the lasting appeal that they all have. Even when a new game is released, one does not put aside the old games forever. I look forward to a time when I will be able to play 'More Friends of Mineral Town', 'Magical Melody' and 'Harvest Moon DS' again...

No comments: