Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The Ultimate Walkthrough for Courtship of Skye

Here are the steps to take if you wish to court and marry Skye (and who wouldn't?):

1. Introduce yourself to EVERY character in the Valley even if you do not give them all gifts. (This is a necessary step in obtaining a Fishing Rod as well as you must introduce yourself both to Galen and Nina if you wish to experience that event.)
2. Go up the wide staircase towards Romana's Villa on any sunny night between 10.00 p.m. and 11.50 p.m. and Skye's 1st Heart Event will trigger, introducing you to Skye.
3. Do NOT expect to find him the next day as he never appears in the Valley on the day following any of his Heart Events.
4. Go to the Valley exit at 10.20 p.m. on the next sunny night to find him at the earliest time and give him any toiletry (sun block, lotion, whatever) from the Excavation Site to boost his AP by
+300 points and change your outfit daily to boost his AP by an additional +200 points, giving you an increase of +700 AP per day with Skye.

Once you have met Skye in his First Heart Event, he will be found in the Valley on any night when the weather is fine. He enters the Valley between 10.10 and 10.20 p.m. I usually entered Vesta's house at 10.10 p.m., equipped a toiletry in my items slot, then walked outside to waylay Skye as soon as he entered the Valley. His dialogue is romantic when he is on this screen and when he is on the screen with the Waterfalla and Goddess Spring. His path will take him west across the bridge and north to the Goddess Spring where he stands until dawn. His dialogue actually changes according to heart level when he is on the screen with the Waterfall and Goddess Spring and is heart-stopping in some cases.

All of his events, apart from the 1st heart Event are in two parts. You set up the event in the morning by going to the right location and agreeing to participate. If you do not agree to participate, you will lose FP with the villagers involved but you still can change your mind and participate in Part II of the Event.

Part II of every event occurs at Skye's usual time frame, between 10.00 p.m. and 11.50 p.m. but weather requirements are different where Skye's Heart Events are concerned. I experienced both his 2nd Heart Event and his 3rd Heart Event on rainy days. I experienced the 3rd on a sunny day as well, but I think the 2nd actually may require rain.

The most difficult event in terms of Part II is the Third Heart Event or Blue Heart Event because Part II requires the presence both of Flora and Carter in the tent between 10.00 p.m. and 11.50 p.m. On Tuesday, Flora will be out until late. On Sunday, Carter does not even enter the tent until midnight strikes, making it too late for Part II of the event to trigger. My advice: if you walk into the screen that contains the Excavation Site on Tuesday or Sunday at a time when it would trigger Part I of Skye's Blue Heart Event, reload your game without saving! Just wait until the next day... It is his most romantic heart event and it is sad if you miss it.

If you DO miss Part II of ANY of Skye's Heart Events, it will not prevent you from experiencing the next Heart Event or from marrying him. You only NEED to experience Part I but it is Part II that increases his AP.

Marrying Skye: You cannot propose to Skye in the ordinary way by flourishing the Blue Feather. There is NOTHING ordinary about this bachelor. You can show it to him but he will mutter something about your interest in other bachelors. Do not fret. Go home and go to bed with the Blue Feather in your rucksack. (If you are not ready for the marriage proposal because you wish to experience other bachelors' heart events first, just stow the Feather in your toolbox and the Proposal Event will not trigger.)

If the Blue Feather is in your rucksack, Skye will come to your house in the night and you will have the opportunity to give him your heart with the Blue Feather.

There are complete details about all aspects of courtship and marriage, including the schedule of all heart and rival heart events for every bachelor in my Courtship and Marriage Guide at:

[link=http://faqs.ign.com/articles/861/861637p1.html]Harvest Moon Cute Courtship and Marriage Guide[/link]

It includes the recipes of all the 'Most Favourite Items' for each of the bachelors. Skye's Most Favourite is Finest Curry, but you can make do with Toiletries from the Excavation Site instead until you have a Kitchen and a Pot (rather cruelly the last utensil offered by the Shopping Channel).
Skye is the only bachelor with five Heart Events. The additional Heart Event occurs at Green Heart level.


How to Make Skye's Most Favourite Dish:

Finest Curry

Ingredients:
Rainbow Curry
White Curry
Burnt Food Frying Pan
Burnt Food Pot
Burnt Food Oven
Burnt Food Mixer
Burnt Food Steamer
Burnt Food No Utensil
Utensil: Pot

N.B. Use a Weed to make any Burnt Food Dish rather than wasting good
ingredients.

To make Rainbow Curry:

Ingredients:
Curry Rice
Blue Curry
Green Curry
Red Curry
Yellow Curry
Orange Curry
Purple Curry
Indigo Curry
Utensil: Pot

To make White Curry:

Ingredients:
Rice Ball
Curry Powder
White Grass
Utensil: Pot

To make Curry Rice:

Ingredients:
Rice Ball
Curry Powder
Utensil: Pot



Schedule of Skye's Heart Events


1st Heart Event, aka Black Heart Event
Location: Walk from Main Path to Romana's Mansion
Time: 10.00 p.m. to midnight, any day
Requirement: must be sunny day

2nd Heart Event, aka Purple Heart Event
Location: Blue Bar
Time: 6.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m. on Monday, Part I
10.00 p.m. to midnight, Part II
Requirements: Must be a rainy Monday, Skye must be at 10,000 AP or higher


3rd Heart Event, aka Blue Heart Event
Location: Go north along path from Vesta's farm towards Carter's Tent
Time: 8.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon, except Tuesday, Part I: DO NOT TRIGGER ON
SUNDAY!!!
10.00 p.m. (preferably 11.30 p.m.) to midnight, Part II, cannot experience on
Sunday night
Requirements: Skye must be at 20,000 AP or higher
Added requirement for Part II: Flora and Carter BOTH must be inside the Tent


4th Heart Event, aka Green Heart Event:
Location, Part I: Walk from crossroads across the bridge towards Vesta's farm
Time: 6.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. on Friday, except Winter Season, Part 1
Location, Part I: Vesta's Farmhouse on Friday, except Winter Season, 10.00
p.m. to midnight, Part II
Requirements: Must be a sunny Friday, not in Winter; Skye must be at 30,000
AP or higher

N.B. Heart Events usually are four in number. There is no Green Heart Event
for any other Bachelor

5th Heart Event, aka Yellow Heart Event:

Location: Lobby, Inner Inn
Time: 11.00 a.m. to 3.00 p.m. on sunny Wednesday, Part I
10.00 p.m. to midnight, Part II
Requirements: Must be sunny Wednesday, Skye must be at 40,000 AP or higher

24 comments:

Jadis said...

I finally got my HMDS Cute... and finally met Skye. I think I paused the screen to do a bit of silent screaming before I resumed the game. He is really dreamy too...

Freyashawk said...

Ah, you will have a wonderful romance with him... I can't wait to do it again myself.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I'm getting this game for my birthday tomorrow! As soon as I saw skye in an ad in my gaming magazine, I was like, "Ooh, who's he, and is he a bachelor?" Mmmmm... *bounces* I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Skye has stolen my heart (pun intended)

Freyashawk said...

Ah, well, he has stolen every one's heart I think, young and old, and is the most popular Harvest Moon bachelor OF ALL TIME... That is no reflection on any other bachelor, but Skye is on another level entirely.

Anonymous said...

Pfft, when i saw skye, i seriously think my heart stopped beating for a second.

Anonymous said...

I refused to press the a button while Skye was talking in his first heart event. for about 15 minutes. I knew I would marry him at first robbery.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Freyashawk. I was hoping you can answer this question I have. I LOVE Skye, and I've been having trouble as to marrying him. So, I finally got Skye's heart up to red and I've finished all of the marriage requirements. I fell asleep with my blue feather, and I got his note that he was going to "steal my heart" when I woke up. But, I didn't want to marry him just yet, and so I put my feather in the tool box again and fell asleep.I woke up the next morning and I found a note that said that something came up and that he would have to steal my heart another night. Now I want to marry him and so I took my blue feather out and put it in my rucksack, and now he won't show up! What do I do?

Anonymous said...

I wish when you had a kid with skye that is was a cute little copy of him, TT.TT
~Kitsune~

Anonymous said...

Hey Freyashawk, I need your help. I wait for skye every night to give him a gift,so he would be up to about 500 FP. But, then i visit him again the very next night, and he's back to zero! what do i do?

Anonymous said...

I love Skye! He's so... romantic and sweet yet idk how to put it... better than any of the HM Bachelors which Freyashawk already put! Skye fans UNITE! I ruined it for myself by watching vids before i get my game in 3 weeks.... dang shipping requirements... why can't there be a telaported?! lol

Freyashawk said...

Kind of a odd comment, seeing as I chose Skye and married him myself. He is my ultimate choice in HM Cute DS... and there is a Teleport Stone in HM DS and Cute DS, unless you intended something quite different by your teleport remark.

Anonymous said...

Eeek Skye!
I saw him one night nad i knew i was going to marry him :D i am still on the first heart event ... and paused the when it first happend and screamed a little bit :D

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I don't think any adjective in the world could fully describe Skye! He's sooo.... poetic... romantic.... sweet but here I go mumbling forever about him! :D Anyways I love your blogs and tips and all that stuff I don't have any talent to create!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow he is sooo cool. I just wish he was ALWAYS in the village. I don't liek waiting so long :P

AND THANKS YOU! This site is such a big help. Compard to Skye, all of the other guys are soooooooo ugly. I HAD to figure out how to get Skye! He is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi I have married skye twice in ds cute. yeah you heard me....TWICE....
BUT I HAVE A QUESTION DO YOU KNOW OF ANY THING THAT WILL MAKE HIS AP RISE TO regeneracy events level(i know is spelled that wrong)

Anonymous said...

Freyashawk, I really need your help! I got Skye's LP as high as it can go, and I've seen all his heart events. I've upgraded my house twice, and I have a big bed. I know that when you give him the blue feather he says something about you giving you heart to someone else, and I know you have to go to bed with the feather in your rucksack. But when I do, nothing happens. What's wrong?

Unknown said...

This isn't the first time I've fallen for an anime charecter :P EEEKK ilu skye!!!! SO HOT....*drool*

Anonymous said...

hey i was wondering.. where is the first part.. where do i meet *skye* :D

Anonymous said...

to marry skye, after you show him the blue Feather, and go to sleep, with it equipped. but he only will show up if the next day is sunny and there is no festival. it take me 3 days for kim to show =) hope this help you.

Anonymous said...

I've finished all of my heart events, Skye is at 60,000+ but he wont come at night

Anonymous said...

hey for step 4, do you HAVE to give him sunblock and/or lotion? can't you just give him curry or something else he likes? because i went into the excavation site and dug the whole thing for like a week and i still havent gotten any sunblock...

chuuu:) said...

well, one day, actually, when i gave him weed, stone and wood, then he said " hehe, thank you" what does it mean? does that mean that his lp deceases?

Anonymous said...

I have all the requirements (max LP, big bed, blue feather blah blah blah)
And I tried using the blue feather but al he says is something like "Oh are you giving your love to someone else?"
And then I put my feather in my rucksack and I get NOTHING.
No note, not proposal, nothing.
HELP ;-;